7.30.2007

Top of Mount Fuji

At the end, it was a good decision that I joined the party. I had a little confidence since I used to go mountain climbing every year for the school events although I certainly did not enjoy it so much. But it was Mount Fuji, the highest mountain in Japan, 3776m high that I have never reached… or imagined..

We were a party of 18 of colleagues from the company including the company’s CEO and the CTO. Quite a big party.. Going up from the bottom by car to the middle, we spent 2 hours to reach the hut at 3010m.














As it gets dark, the moon appears and stars starts to blink in the sky, I could not say a word as I was panting like a little dog in the summer. It was amazing to see the little lights of towns further down below where we were.














At about 2:30am, we started to head to the top. Long long way, felt like it lasts forever. The changeable weather did not allow us to see the sunshine but fogs and rains in the darkness. My little LED light on my forehead only showed each spot of my way about 1m ahead of me.














It was almost towards the end of the track that we finally saw the sky turning into color and saw the sun rising from the cloud. All the hope risen and lost a word with admiration of the sun.

And at the top of the mountain, we saw a beautiful sky and everybody’s smile with feeling of accomplishment.
And this IS “the worth 800yen noodle” *.














Laying on the rocks made my back little hurt but viewing a little white fluffy cloud floating in the very blue sky made me feel so secure and releaved.. then I fell asleep...... in peace and very sound sleep on the top of Mount Fuji...



*normally it costs less than 300yen in the world below…
















5合目から出発して、元祖7合目の山小屋に泊まり、2時半出発にて上を目指す。ヘッドライトの明かりは足元1m先しか照らさなくて、暗闇と霧と雨の中を黙々と歩く。

そんな中見た太陽と青空。頂上に立った達成感いっぱいの笑顔はかけがえのないもの。

800円のカップヌードルを食べ、日本一の山で太陽をいっぱいあびながらのお昼ねが最高に気持ちよかった!

0 件のコメント: